No one wants to broach the sombre topic of death and what happens after. Here is another way of looking at it: Think of estate planning as planning ahead for life. Estate planning allows you to preserve your assets, plan for your financial needs and protect your family; not only whilst alive but also upon death and if you choose to, beyond.
The Necessity of an Estate Plan
Creating an estate plan will enable you to secure the necessary financial foundation for your loved ones. A customised estate plan helps to ensure your assets will go to whomever and wherever you want. You can also decide how you would like to leave your legacy, by distributing your estate either in a lump sum or periodically; depending on the financial maturity of your beneficiaries.
Here are the four key aspects to cover when creating your estate plan:
- Provision of expenses upon retirement
- Provision of immediate expenses
- Preservation & enhancement of estate
- Desired distribution of estate
Going Further and Beyond:
At Summit Planners, we enable our clients to plan beyond death through our customised approach to End-of-life Planning. You can choose to have your wishes carried out even when you are no longer around. Arrangements can also be made to fund the funeral expenses through insurance.
For example, we can –
- Assist during time of grief with matters related to the funeral;
- Take on the role of professional executor to help in the consolidation and distribution of the assets;
- Provide remembrance in various ways such as sending flowers, pre-recorded messages and gifts to your loved ones on special occasions even after death;
- Offer professional financial and life planning advice to your family.
In every end, there is also a beginning. You alone, hold the key to their bright future – plan your estate to ensure your loved ones are taken care of! Connect with our consultants to find out how we can assist you.Share on Facebook Share on LinkedIn Share